Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hash Brown Potato Casserole

If you're looking for a change from good ol' mashed potatoes, this recipe just might suit you. The recipe is similar to the potato casserole you can find at Cracker Barrel, or in many supermarkets around the country. Similar, but not quite the same.
First of all, I would suggest either reducing the amount of potatoes to only one pound, but leaving all of the ingredients the same, or doubling the other ingredients if you are feeding a large crowd, and need to use the entire 2 pounds. The ratio of 2 pounds to the amount of wet ingredients just wasn't enough for me. I like my hash brown potato casserole creamy, and this was a little dry for my taste.
Aside from the dryness, the overall taste was excellent, and the family loved it. It was super quick and easy to make, and went well with the barbecued pork we were having for dinner. This is definitely one recipe I wouldn't pass on.
Hash Brown Potato Casserole-
Rating - 3 Smiles
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1650,151176-248198,00.html

No comments: