Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cheese Steak Crescent Braids

This was another recipe from my Pillsbury "Crescent, Biscuits, & More" cookbook, and it can be summed up in one word, YUMMY! This was hands down the best cheese steak sandwich I have ever made. (Note: the link for this recipe will take you to a site where someone else posted the recipe from their cookbook. This saved me the time of retyping it all.) :)
I must mention that instead of the 2 cans of Crescent rolls, I used one can of Pillsbury pizza dough. The crescent rolls were $2.83 per 7 oz. can, and the pizza dough was on sale for $1.00 for 15 oz. can, so you can see why I'm using the pizza dough instead. I'm also not too crazy for the taste and texture of crescent rolls, so I substitute when I can.
This recipe was incredibly simple to make, and quite filling. My husband, who loves Philly cheese steak sandwiches, couldn't even finish what was left. The only suggestion I would make is the use of Pepper Jack cheese instead of Mozzarella Cheese, if you like a little spice.
This recipe will be one of my go to recipes for years to come. It's inexpensive, simple, and filling at the same time. It's rare that you find a recipe that has all of those qualities.
Cheese Steak Crescent Braids-
Rating - 4 Smiles
http://www.cyber-kitchen.com/ubbs/archive/SANDWICHES/Cheese_Steak_Crescent_Braid.html

No comments: