Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Recipe Review - Tollhouse Pie

OK all you chocolate lovers out there, this is the recipe for you!! I decided to switch it up, and review a dessert recipe today.
I actually found this recipe years ago, but I'm in the mood for chocolate, so I'm off to the kitchen to make this as soon as I am finished here. If you have ever had Tollhouse pie in a restaurant, then you know how good it is. It's basically a giant chocolate chip cookie in a pie crust, and it is heaven on a plate! This recipe, although not exactly like the pies in the restaurant, is so rich and good that you won't care that it doesn't taste exactly like the restaurant pie.
I've made this a couple of times, and the first time I used a regular pie crust like it calls for. I'm not a big fan of regular pie crusts, so the second time I made it, I used a graham cracker crust, and the third time (did I mention I love chocolate?) I used a shortbread crust. Both of these crusts were delicious!!
If you are a chocolate lover, then this is a must try recipe! I guarantee you will love it!
If you have a favorite dessert recipe you would like to share, please, please send it to me at ddh_favors@yahoo.com I am always looking for new recipes, and all will be appreciated. :)

Tollhouse Pie-

Rating - 4 Smiles (although 1,000 is more like it)
http://www.recipesource.com/desserts/pies/15/rec1513.html

No comments: