Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Recipe Review - Bean Potato Enchiladas

OK, I can already hear most of you; "mashed potatoes in Mexican food, huh", but this recipe is actually quite tasty.
I made a few adjustments when I made the recipe, and I think there are more adjustments to be made the next time. I used instant mashed potatoes instead of making the mashed potatoes from scratch. I really didn't care for the texture of the mashed potatoes, so I think next time, I will make them from scratch, but not mash and whip them as the recipe calls for. When I make taco meat, I add little cubed pieces of potato, so I think I will try that.
I also suggest that if you try this recipe, you use two cans of enchilada sauce instead of one. I always use extra enchilada sauce when I make enchiladas of any kind because my husband likes his enchiladas saucy. But it also keeps the shells from drying out while baking.
All in all this was a pretty good recipe. If you are a vegetarian, then this would be perfect for you. I think next time, I will add some ground beef, and maybe cut down on the amount of taco seasoning I use. But it is definitely a keeper. :)
Bean Potato Enchiladas-
Rating - 3 Smiles
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bean-Potato-Enchiladas/Detail.aspx

No comments: