Monday, August 27, 2007

A Recipe Review - Paula Deen's New Millennium Sandwich

A couple of weeks ago, I was flipping through the channels, and landed on one of my favorite channels, The Food Network. There I found Paula Deen and her adorable sons sharing recipes and memories from their days as The Bag Lady; the business that started an empire. One of the recipes on this episode peaked my interest, and my taste buds, so I decided to give it a try. The sandwich they were making was The Bag Lady New Millennium Sandwich. It was their classic chicken salad sandwich with a twist, and it was to die for!!


If you like to cook, and you like chicken salad sandwiches, then you will love this recipe. The recipe calls for you to start from scratch and boil the chicken, and not start with chicken from a can. I make chicken salad from a can all the time, so I'm sure it will work with this recipe too. I boiled a 3 pound chicken, and I have to tell you that the smell of the broth alone made us all hungry! And the broth was just another plus for this recipe. I saved it and used it in a chicken noodle soup the next day and it was delicious!!



This sandwich was a family pleaser, and one I plan on making over and over again. If I don't have a need for the delicious broth, I will probably try it with canned chicken, and for variety, I may try tuna, also one of our favorites. I will post back down the road when I try this and let you know how it turned out.



The Bag Lady New Millennium Sandwich -

Rating - 4 Smiles
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/big-lady-new-millennium-sandwich-recipe/index.html?rsrc=search


Technorati Profile

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi there! Glad I found your blog, I absolutely LOVE Paula Deen! I think I have all of her cook books and they are my favorites. I really like chicken salad, so I will be sure to try that recipe.

Dana B. said...

Paula Deen and Rachael Ray are my two favorite cooks out there, so I'm sure I will have many more recipe reviews from their shows to share! Thanks for taking the time to be my first comment! :)
Dana

Unknown said...

Paula is my favorite..I love butter as much as she does. great review!!