Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Recipe Review - Rachael Ray's Scuderi Kids' Fast, Fake Baked Ziti Yummo!

If you like Italian food, but don't have the time to cook it the authentic way, then this is a must have recipe for you. This recipe aired on Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals at the beginning of last year, but I notices that is is set to air twice in September of this year as well.

My kids and my husband love Italian food. In fact, if it wasn't for me, they could probably eat it in some form every day of the week. As I get older (I'm 31, but feel much older most of the time) I am finding that there are just certain foods that I love that I just can't eat anymore. Italian foods, and most Mexican foods (my absolute favorite) are sadly among the not so good for my stomach foods. But, I was once able to eat them at one time, so I figure I can at least review them so that those of you with younger stomachs can enjoy them. :)

OK, back to the recipe. I have to say that I was impressed with the simple ingredients and abundance of flavor. Baked ziti is my husbands favorite meal, so when I put this dish down in front of him, his eyes glazed over with delight. I didn't even have to tell him that it wasn't baked; which is my favorite part of this dish! It really does taste like you've been slaving away for hours in the kitchen. The last step of broiling the dish to melt the cheeses is what gives it that baked in the oven look and taste.

When Rachael says it's enough to feed a crowd, she means it. This meal provided our family of 4 with a hearty dinner, and enough for my husband and myself to have lunch the next day, with quite a bit left over. I actually froze the left over leftovers, and we had enough for lunch a couple of weeks later. This truly is the meal that keeps on giving.

Rachael Ray's Scuderi Kids' Fast, Fake-Baked Ziti-

Rating - 4 Smiles
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/scuderi-kids-fast-fake-baked-ziti-recipe/index.html?rsrc=search

No comments: