Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Recipe Review - Emeril's Shrimp Scampi

I absolutely love shrimp scampi, and I have to say my mouth was watering while watching Emeril cook this on his show a few weeks ago. It looked so good that I just had to try it. But sadly, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. :(

I still haven't put my finger on it yet, but it was just missing something. It seemed like all the elements were there, garlic, lemon, butter, olive oil, but it just lacked the zing that restaurant shrimp scampi has. Maybe it just didn't have enough of some of the ingredients; perhaps the garlic, or maybe it needed onion instead of capers. My guess is that it was the lack of onion. I never cook with capers, so I have become accustomed to the taste of onions, and generally put a little in almost everything I cook. I will try the recipe with more garlic, and onions instead of capers and let you know how it turns out.

I did notice that Emeril has several new shrimp scampi recipes online now, so I'll probably try one or more of them in the weeks to come.

If you are looking for a mild, easy to make shrimp scampi recipe, then you will love this. If you are like me, and are looking for something with a little kick to it, then you might want to try one of the other shrimp scampi recipes Emeril has to offer, or change the elements in this recipe to suit your taste buds.

Emeril's Shrimp Scampi

Rating - 2 Smiles
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/emerils-shrimp-scampi-recipe/index.html?rsrc=search

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dana, I absolutely LOVE Shrimp Scampi too. I have never had Emeril's though. Interesting. I guess I'll stay away from that one. Thanks for the tips, and of course I absolutely love your blog. :D