Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Recipe Review - Perfect Mashed Potatoes

My family loves mashed potatoes, and while we usually opt for instant potatoes for a quick fix, I love to make real mashed potatoes every once in a while. The problem was, I didn't like the way my mashed potatoes tasted, until I found this recipe.
I always thought a potato is a potato is a potato, but that isn't true. Each type of potato has a distinct flavor, and each type of potato has very distinct purpose. The trick to truly divine mashed potatoes, is the use of Yukon gold potatoes, as this recipe shows you. I always used regular russet potatoes, and I just did not care for the taste. No matter what I added, cream cheese, sour cream, cream, etc., they just didn't taste right. So, I scoured the internet for the perfect potato recipe, and after much searching, I found this recipe. It intrigued me because it was more than just s recipe. It provided a thorough explanation of the different types of potatoes, and it made perfect sense.
If you love mashed potatoes, but have been unable to find a technique for creamy, buttery potatoes, then this is the recipe for you. Enjoy!
Perfect Mashed Potatoes -
Rating - 4 Smiles
http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001509perfect_mashed_potatoes.php

If you have a mashed potato recipe that you would like to share, please post a comment here, and include the recipe. I would love to try it out, and let you know what we think, :)

No comments: