Friday, September 14, 2007

A Recipe Review - Mississippi Mud Cake

I must be in another one of my chocolate moods, or maybe the nice cool air has awoken my need to bake, either way, this recipe is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth craving.
When I was growing up, my grandmother made a Mississippi Mud cake that was to die for. It was smooth and delicious, and incredibly RICH! It was wonderful! Well, she passed away on New Year's Eve of 2000, and sadly, I never wrote down any of her delicious recipes. So, I hit the internet in search of this recipe from my childhood, and I was happy to find it right off the bat.
If this recipe isn't the same one she used, I can't tell. It is rich, chocolaty, and just to die for! Let me warn you though, you need to really love chocolate (I mean really love it) if you are going to make this recipe! It is RICH! A small piece of this cake is all you need at one time to get your chocolate fix.
If you store it in the refrigerator, it enhances the flavors, and makes the cake even better.
I thought I would share this recipe with you, since the holidays are fast approaching. It is the perfect holiday treat, and will put smiles on the faces of all who try it. Enjoy!!
Mississippi Mud Cake-
Rating - 4 Smiles
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/166/Mississippi_Mud_Cake12401.shtml

No comments: