Monday, November 12, 2007

A Recipe Review - Cosmopolitan

Ok, I'm no bartender, in fact, I'm not a big drinker, or even a social drinker, but one evening I had hit my limit, and wanted to chill out. I was a huge fan of Sex and the City, and still watch the reruns, and was fascinated with these little pink drinks they were always drinking. I scoured the internet, and found a recipe for these pink goddess drinks, that looked simple enough to make. So, I told my hubby he should go to the liquor store and get himself some beer because I thought he was working too hard. Oh, and by the way can you get these items for me while you're there? Oh and stop by the grocery store and pick up some cranberry juice please?

Half an hour later, I was on my way to making my pretty pink drink, and looking and feeling fabulous like they did in the show. Thank goodness I took a small sip instead of a big ole' gulp! That little sip just about knocked me out of my chair! It was terrible!

Not wanting to let the ingredients go to waste, I tried the recipe again, with a lot less vodka, and a little more juice. I still could barely choke it down! In the end, hubby got my pretty pink drink, son got the cranberry juice, an almost full bottle of vodka is still chillin' in the fridge, and I'm still trying to chill out.

I am looking for a sweet drink that doesn't taste like it's full of alcohol, even though it is. I used to get cherry limeades at the club in my younger years, and after 4 or so of those I was a tad bit tipsy. If anyone out there has a sweet tasting drink recipe that you think I might like, please send it my way. I don't like anything that remotely resembles the smell or taste of coconut, so please don't send these. :)

Cosmopolitan-
Rating - 1 Smile
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink234.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried an amaretto sunrise?
It's got amaretto, orange juice and grenadine. very yummy!!!

In a 8 oz glass put one shot amaretto, some grenadine (to taste), fill w/ OJ.

Dana B. said...

I might just have to give that a try. I hardly ever drink because I can't stand the taste of most of it, and the stuff I do like kills my ulcer. So, I usually stay away from alcohol. I was trying to find some drink recipes I could try, that I could tolerate, and the amaretto sunrise sounds like a good one. I do like Amaretto, and OJ, and grenadine isn't bad either, so I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks for the recipe! :)