Saturday, November 10, 2007

Corn Nuggets

If you like those sweet, delicious corn nuggets you can find on your plate at Red Beans, or on most Chinese buffets across the county, then you will love this recipe. With just a few tweaks, you can make a delicious side dish that tastes similar to the original.
The basic recipe, by itself is good, but I thought it was missing something, so I made a few changes. First of all, I didn't like the consistency of the batter, so I added 1/2 C. of cornmeal. I also didn't think the batter was sweet enough, so I substituted cream corn for the yellow corn, and added a total of 1/4 C. sugar. These changes seemed to do the trick, and made the corn nuggets delicious!
If you are going to give this recipe a try, please try it as it is written first, you may like it just the way it is. Fry up a couple of them, using the original ingredients, and then if you need to add extra sugar, or cornmeal, you still can.
If you have a corn nugget recipe that you and your family like, please share it. I am always looking for new recipes, and would love to give it a try!
Corn Nuggets-
Rating - 4 Smiles
http://www.thatsmyhome.com/momsdiner/corn-nuggets.htm

No comments: